Sunday, September 4, 2011

Coffee & the Goodness of God

  I'm sitting here sipping Kona french press coffee, enjoying the chilly fall (can I REALLY say that?) air. It's been 5 years since I've been in the USA for Autumn - my favorite season - so I am truly loving it. There is a hot air balloon festival here this weekend and I just saw 8 or 10 of them go past my window. They are seriously the coolest... one day I shall take a ride in one... what a great adventure it will be!

I know it has literally been weeks since I've written on here. I've been trying to process all that is happening through this transition to Colorado Springs and it has given me quite a bad case of writers block. This is the coffee shop that I am volunteering in.


So far everything is going well, I still have a lot of questions for God about what exactly I am doing here and what He wants me to be a part of. It's all a bit scary to me, for several reasons, and I'm not quite sure how or where to express that fear.  I was so encouraged this morning with a word from C.S. Lewis:

"Then He isn't safe?" asked Lucy. "Safe?" said Mr. Beaver. "Don't you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? Course He isn't safe. But He's good. He's the King, I tell you."

Such an incredible reminder of God's character! He IS GOOD. He is KING. It doesn't matter if it feels safe or scary or any other emotion that we feel. It matters what He is saying. My Mom often tells me the safest place to be is where God wants you. Are there any times where you were afraid but knew it was right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment