Monday, September 5, 2011

Asian Markets & Autumn Breezes

Had so much fun at the Asian market today with my good friends Kathy & Keisa... wow it was great. I almost cried I felt so at home there... REALLY made me miss India & Indonesia. Loved seeing so many familiar things that I haven't had for months.

Made friends with a Thai lady... we were looking at curry pastes and she started giving us all sorts of cooking tips. Turns out she is a professional cook here in town. So cool! She shared several tips & recipes with us and we talked for over an hour about her life here, her life in Thailand, her family, etc. It was really great. I love new friends!!

Back to shopping...


They had Mi Goreng! It's my favorite instant noodle (Indonesian) that I used to eat in Australia quite often when I lived there. I am quite excited about having some of that this week, with fried egg, some veggies and lots of spice!

I bought rice and dahl... so I can eat as much Indian food as I like. Hopefully that will help with the missing India thing I have going on these days.  They even have tamarind candy there! The thing is its $2 here and like 10 rupees on the side of the road in India, which is the equivalent of around 25 cents.

Thai food... yummmm. (Thank you for cooking Keis!) Here it is in photos:





We topped off the day with bubble tea! They sweetened it with honey (I'm pretty sure just because we were Americans and looked out of place in an Asian market!) It was so good & refreshing and fun. Also the weather is so cool here now... almost fall. So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment