Sunday, February 19, 2012

Random Adventures of the Weekend

The weekend has been a crazy one, but oh so good! Great friends and great fun. It all started with a fabulous cup of french press coffee and some quiet time. The best way to start a day in my opinion! Then I did a 5 mile hike with six friends... filled with exploring, climbing trees, climbing rocks, photos, stories and more than plenty of laughter. Such a great time. I realized I need to do that more often, just be in the great outdoors with friends, enjoying time together and gazing at the beauty of God's amazing creation. Loved it. A great morning! In the afternoon I drank more coffee... then helped some friends move chairs for their new office and get started on painting. Always an adventure!





Today (Sunday) I slept in. Started the day with coffee, (of course!) and finished the second Hunger Games book that I was reading. If you haven't read that series yet then you should. So well written, and continuously intriguing. Not a lot of novels hold my attention, but I am loving this series. It's one of those where you can't put the book down and you stay up 'til all hours of the night reading. Those are the best ones!

I also caught up on some much needed work, and then it was back to painting in the office! I'm painting a tree on the wall... its super fun. Simple and classy and cute. Nothing crazy, but its so refreshing to just be creative and design and paint and enjoy. These are the kinds of things that bring me life. I'm not quite half done yet, but I'll post pictures when it's finished!

What is your favorite way to spend the weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Just saw this :) So cute :) Can't wait to keep reading :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete