Sunday, October 2, 2011

Merchant of Souls

I really love it here in Colorado Springs. Starting to feel like home for sure. My bestie is here visiting for the week on her way back to Ohio and it's been super fun and relaxing and encouraging to get to spend time with her. Lots of girl talk and laughter and late night adventures. Love having her here and wish she could stay!

Last night a few of us went to Denver to see Nefarious: Merchant of Souls. It's a documentary about sex trafficking all over the world, made by Exodus Cry, which is a ministry of the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. It was a solid film. Filled with truth and passion. There were many personal interviews with victims, past victims, johns and pimps. It was a good education and awareness tool, showing many different aspects and sides of the trade. It's devastating to see people living like this. So broken and soul-less. Yet the video was also a good reminder of who God is, His hope and passion and love and grace and truth and His heart for this issue.

This cause - setting the captives free - is something that I'm so passionate about. Yet it is so difficult to know what my role in this is. How I can make a difference through my life. It's hard to know which direction to take and what the real needs are and how I can best use my time. It's definitely a learning process!

What are your thoughts on this issue? 

No comments:

Post a Comment