Monday, April 2, 2012

Gardening and New Beginnings

It's Monday, it's also my month - April! April means "new beginnings" or "opening." Rightly named for our spring season (in the USA) of new, fresh things like blooming flowers and spring babies! I generally get a lot of rap for my name during this month, but that's okay - I'm pretty used to it after 25 years of being hassled... ;)

I love that my name means new beginnings. I feel as though it describes my life purpose. One of my passions is to help bring restoration to woman who have been trafficked and abused and I love that with God's power and strength in me, I can be part of the new beginning that these women are seeking.




I don't have my own garden right now (I live in an apartment complex) but I had the chance last weekend to help one of my friends prep her garden for spring. It was so wonderful to feel the dirt between my toes again and get my hands dirty readying the ground for growth. How awesome would it be to have a community garden where many of us could come together and plant, grow, nurish, harvest and share the food. Thinking I would like to do this soon... I'll have to refresh my memory on gardening again... it's been awhile, but I love see communities come together and start new things, start developing their land and life for the better. Do you have any tips on community gardening? Has anyone on here done it before?


No comments:

Post a Comment