Tuesday, May 19, 2009

YWAM Heartland


Yay, I'm in Kansas City, and loving it, but it's just for a few weeks helping out at a brand new YWAM base. We are in the pioneering process of getting everything up and running around the place. I'm excited that i get the privelege to be a part of what God is doing here. The first Discipleship Training School will run here starting on September 11th with a focus on disaster relief, so the base is prepping for that right now.

We will be having our first local outreach on June 7th, a basketball camp focused on the youth in the community. It will be such a great opportunity to build relationships with some of the youth here, I can't wait to hang out with them. I'm excited to see how God is going to challenge them and what other doors He is going to open up here for YWAM Heartland.

Things are going well for me here... God is faithful as ever and is stretching my faith in Him. I've been spending a bit of my free time at the International House of Prayer (IHOP) so that has been good, its a great place to be refreshed and filled up, which I need after my time in Papua New Guinea.

No comments:

Post a Comment