Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Beautiful Land of India


So transitioning again... Kansas City to Ohio to INDIA! Six years later... I finally made it back to India! I'm loving it here. Staying at the YWAM base in Bangalore. I'm staffing the History Makers Discipleship Training school. There are 70 of us, staff and students together. So it's a big group. I'm currently getting to know the staff's names and I'm sure as soon as I get those down... our 47 students will come and so many more to learn :) Staff training is this week, so we as staff are getting to know each other and building foundations and unity as a staff team before the students come next week and classes begin. I'm really enjoying connecting with the staff here and hearing about different ministries they are a part of here. God is doing a lot and I'm excited to see what He has for this team.

The base here is wonderful. Everyone is so welcoming and loving. I feel very at home already. I have 3 Indian roommates who are awesome and we have had some great talks even after only 3 days. I'm loving it for sure. These are just a few things I'm enjoying and/or laughing at lately: bucket showers, lots of rice (spicy! = yum!), rickshaws, skin tax (getting charged too much b/c you're white!), kurtas (tunics), fresh mangoes, power outages, etc.

So India is going well... loving it. I missed this place so much. I'm just readjusting to the culture and getting prepared for this time of discipling, growing, learning, ministry and seeing God move! Thanks for all your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment