Thursday, March 18, 2010

March 2010 Update - To Oregon and Beyond!

Namaste!
Dear friends,

I want to take a few minutes to fill you on my journey in missions and my upcoming plans. I appreciate the emails and questions asking what I’m doing next… and now here it is! So grab a cup of coffee, relax, and read on…

This past year has been quite a challenging season for me as I’ve been seeking God on exactly what it is that He’s called me to, and conquering a severe case of anemia in the meantime. As I reflect back on the 3 ½ years I’ve been in full-time missions, I am in awe of who God is, what He has done, and how He has provided for me. From the ministry He’s given me to be a part of, finances, health, friendships… the list could go on. Our God is a faithful God!

Vision Statement…
As I’ve been seeking clarity from God for this next season… I’ve put together a vision statement for the ministry I feel called to. Words don’t do justice for what God has placed on one’s heart, but this will give you a broad picture.

“To disciple, empower, and encourage post-modern youth; challenging them to rise up and proclaim the gospel through their life. To bring God’s justice to people; raising awareness of social & gender-based injustice through art & media. To bring God’s hope to those who are hopeless and be a voice for those who are voiceless.”

Upcoming plans?
I’m driving to Salem, Oregon (on March 25th) to be part of a Woman & Children’s Advocacy Center there and to be involved in a workshop called Justice Has a Face, where I will have opportunity to connect with other ministries & individuals that are involved in fighting for justice.

In mid-August I will go back to India where I’m part of a course called Making Disciple Makers, and I’m hoping to spend more time in the red light areas, and start to learn hindi – the most common language in India. I can only be in India for six months at a time due to visa restrictions, so I will be working in and out of India & Oregon. (This is all still with YWAM.)

God is continuing to stir my heart for issues of injustice, and I see more and more how everything I’ve done over the past few years has tied together with the same focus. I’m excited to see what God has in this season and to be a part of researching, advocating and raising awareness for these issues (i.e. human trafficking, poor health care, unclean water, child labor.)

If you would like to know more details or partner with me, please email me and I’ll keep you updated as I know. As I’m sure you can imagine, it is much more costly to live in the USA than it is to live in India… so I need to raise an additional $300/month in financial support to cover my living costs as well as one time $2000 for my travel expenses to India and Oregon. Please consider joining me in this journey by praying for me (I can’t express enough how important your prayers are!) or supporting me financially if you are able. I couldn’t do this without you! Thank you, I love and appreciate you, stay tuned!

From April

To Donate:
Make checks payable to April Purdy and mail to:
845 North Broad St (Rear)
Lancaster, OH 43130

For tax-deductable donations, make payable to Covenant Christian Church, write on a separate piece of paper “for April Purdy- Missions” and mail to:
5550 Lancaster-Newark Rd. NE
Pleasantville, OH 43148

No comments:

Post a Comment