Monday, May 31, 2010

Unexpected Blessings

Here I am sitting in a lovely café on the YWAM base, the breeze drifts by the open door with a refreshing coolness, and catches the sounds of the worship music playing in the background. Here I sit thinking what to share with you all for this has been a simple, yet full & beautiful month.
God has blessed me in so many unexpected ways lately. I’ve had incredible opportunities to just serve here on the base in the kitchen, with childcare, anywhere they need, and to get to better know the people I am working with here, sharing deep conversations that spur one another on toward God and the mission He has given us. It has been a blessed season as I’ve had time to refresh and regain my strength and simply to have time to just “be” with God and be filled with His goodness, love, strength… the list could go on forever.
The base is bursting with busyness as everyone is getting ready for this summer as we will have more than four hundred staff & students here on base for various ministry schools, outreach trips, and workshops. I’ve been preparing for my trip to India in August, setting up schedules and connecting with my contacts over there, preparing my heart for what God has and spending time learning the language (hindi) and studying more about the culture, people and religion. I’m still working as needed with the Women & Children’s Advocacy Centre, as they get ready for the Justice focused workshop that is running here in July and I’m so looking forward to being a part of that workshop myself. My prayer is that God brings clarity to the vision He’s given to me for India and that I will be able to connect with the right ministries during this time here & during the workshop. God is growing my heart for injustices so much and showing me more and more what His heart is for His children. It’s really a beautiful thing, one that breaks my heart, but then fills it with love, pushing me to action. This is what I’m here to do, so I love it.
I will wrap this up and try to keep it semi-short, but I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for everyone who makes it possible for me to take these steps and fulfill the call God has placed on my life. I am incredibly blessed by each one of you who sows into this ministry, and I know so many people beyond me are reached because of it. Thank you for standing alongside me, supporting me financially and praying for me regularly as I go. I couldn’t do any of it without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment