Sunday, July 3, 2011

kayaking and campfires

I had a totally LOVELY weekend. I am truly blessed by my awesome friends.

Three days of camping filled with laughter, adventure, deep talks, not so deep talks, more laughter, just "being" together, alone time with God, and simply enjoying life to the fullest!

Kayaking on the lake! I've been talking about this ever since the weather got warm! Swimming in the lake. Hiking around the lake. Waking up to the smell of organic blueberry pancakes on the griddle. (Those were amazing by the way!) Good strong french press coffee. Campfires. Oh how I love campfires. I can't get enough of sitting around an open fire. Beautiful. A bit of stargazing in there too. More swimming. Nine whole hours of sleep to rejuvenate and then as we were all heading home a spontaneous canoeing trip happened. River canoeing on the Hocking. Rope swings, cliff jumping (that wasn't me!) swimming/floating downstream. Canoes being tipped over. Tons of laughter and fun!

God has been teaching me a lot about connecting, about being real. He spoke more and more about this to me this weekend. Being yourself and sharing your faults and fears as well as your good side enables others to be real as well. Which then allows people to connect on a deeper level. It allows us to come alongside each other and help and support and encourage and share life. A reminder that we are human, we aren't perfect and don't have to be. God has been reminding me to trust Him to work out the faults in me, to really TRUST and believe that He IS faithful, that He has promised to continue the work He started in each one of us and that He won't stop and give up on us. It's not about changing ourselves, but putting ourselves in a posture where He is able to work in us and change us to be more like Him. I love it. I feel so encouraged and blessed and refreshed. Weekend of awesomeness!





No comments:

Post a Comment