Sunday, July 3, 2011

off to Colorado!










*|MC:SUBJECT|*




















barefoot in the slums...

grab a cuppa (Australian for cup of coffee/tea) and get in on the journey...







It was a stormy Saturday night and I sat on the porch of a halfway house where I volunteer with one of the women staying there. We watched the rain & lightning and she shared with me about her family and background, how her life is now being changed for the better even though it’s hard and how she wants to be free. She doesn’t yet know the Lord, but she is surrounded by His presence at her new home, and people who are praying for her. I treasure the friendships I’ve built with these ladies and feel privileged to be a part of their lives and the restoration that is happening!



My time home in Ohio has been a much needed rest and time of connecting again with all of you here in my hometown. I am also blessed that I was here for my sister Sarah’s open heart surgery. I wouldn’t have had it any other way.  She is now on the mend and back to riding her horses. Thank you for your prayers for her!



THE VISION: God has continually placed it on my heart to help girls & women who have been abused, who are stuck in red light areas and the sex trade. My desire is to help them know freedom; not only physical freedom, but freedom in knowing Jesus Christ. I’ve had a vision for several years now to start a training center to train girls in skills like barista work, sewing, small business skills, etc.  It would also be a place that would provide discipleship and someone to walk with them in their journey with God. The goal is giving them a chance to change their lives and provide a new way of making a living to provide for their families. This is what I am taking steps towards and my excitement is rising to see what God is doing!



THE PLAN: In August I move to Colorado Springs! My “home” YWAM base will be the Springs for the next few years and my desire is still to work in Asia and in the rest of the nations to fulfill the above vision from there!











Thank you for standing with me through your support, prayers and encouragement. This is what enables me to follow God and live this crazy life! I love having you on this journey with me and am greatly blessed by you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Grace & peace to you!



With love,

April




The mission statement I've been working on: “To walk alongside the broken, ashamed, downcast, and the abused, releasing them into the fullness God has for them. To bring justice to the nations and set the captives free through new beginnings & second chances. To raise awareness of social injustices through art and words, empowering others to take action and bring change & freedom.”











Copyright © 2011



If you would like to support April financially,

make checks out to April Purdy and mail to:



845 North Broad St. Rear

Lancaster, OH 43130 USA






740.270.9166

skype: indy_aria

email: indy_aria@yahoo.com

web: www.indyaria.blogspot.com


































No comments:

Post a Comment