Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm reading in 1 Corinthians at the moment and it's challenging me big time. In chapter 4 as the Apostle Paul calls the church to imitate him... to follow in his ways... conviction hit me. It's been awhile since I read that. Can I call people to imitate me? Can I say "do what I do for it is good?" Can I say "follow me and you will do good?" Is my life so free of sin that I would want someone else to copy EVERYTHING that I do? So challenging as I know there are areas I need to work on and am confronted with what those areas are.

vv10-13 "We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ. We are weak, but you are strong. You are held in honor, but we in disrepute. To the present hour we hunger and thirst, we are poorly dressed and buffeted and homeless, and we labor, working with our own hands. When reviled; we bless, when persecuted; we endure; when slandered, we entreat. We have become, and are still, like the scum of the world, the refuse of all things."

v20 "For the kingdom of God does not consist in talk but in power."


No comments:

Post a Comment